The water treatment experts at Garratt-Callahan use secondary disinfection to help our clients mitigate the risk of microbiological growth and potentially harmful waterborne pathogens.
G-C experts can design a secondary disinfection program and monitoring services for potable water and other water systems as part of a managed water treatment program. The best possible industry practices are followed with the goal of mitigating microbial hazards such as Legionella and other waterborne pathogens.
Our teams under understand that documentation and monitoring are essential to validate the efficacy of any program and vital to demonstrating compliance with many regulatory requirements and mandates.
A Garratt-Callahan Water Treatment Expert can provide:
- Secondary disinfection utilizing chlorine dioxide. Mycobacteria and other waterborne pathogens such as Legionella thrive in biofilms. Bacteria create biofilms as a natural process in their life cycle. Chlorine dioxide (ClO2), a soluble gas, can penetrate biofilms and kill bacteria (more effectively than chlorine).
- Point of Delivery (POD) / barrier filtration: Established literature has shown that 5nm (.005 micron) POD filtration is a very effective way to retain particulates in domestic water systems and compliment different water treatment programs.
- Assistance developing & implementing a Water Management Program
- Third-party Certified Legionella Sampling Specialist
- ASHRAE 188-2015 compliant WMP Products