Commercial facilities such as hotels, restaurants, bakeries, butcher shops, hospitals, and prisons often suffer from the following problems:
- Drain line clogging
- Grease traps
- Undesirable odor
- Clogging due to excessive solids or foaming
- Spending $6,000 per month on grease trap pumping
- Manually cleaning and maintaining the drain line daily
- Having difficulty eliminating unpleasant odors
Garratt-Callahan’s team introduced Formula BZ 8200-L. BZ 8200-L is a regional water pollution control agency-approved and Salmonella-free bioaugmentation product containing beneficial bacteria that degrades and digests organics commonly found in drain lines and grease traps.
It effectively removes existing organic deposits and helps maintain the system by increasing the efficiency of grease traps and the cleanliness of drain lines. It also efficiently degrades waste by blocking the production of odor-causing gases like hydrogen sulfide and promotes the production of odorless gases like carbon dioxide.
The team introduced the product to the resort’s drain line at a total feed rate of 20 to 32 oz per day using a peristaltic pump following these guidelines for the best results:
- Applied the product during periods of low activity (12 am to 6 am)
- No dumping of washing and chlorine compounds, disinfectant, or hot water after applying the product to avoid killing the microorganisms.
- Started with the bottom drain for multistory buildings and worked their way upward.
- Temperature can affect the biological activity of bacteria in BZ 8200-L therefore no activity can be expected below 50°F (10°C), but action increases with rising temperature up to 140°F (60°C)
After introducing BZ 8200-L, the high-rise casino resort’s pumping costs were reduced to $1,500 per month. In addition, it eliminated daily manual cleaning and maintenance of the drain line and unpleasant odors within 24 hours.
"*" indicates required fields