Risk Mitigation for Microbiological Growth
Secondary disinfection helps mitigate the risk of microbiological growth and potentially harmful waterborne pathogens. Garratt-Callahan experts can design a secondary disinfection program and monitoring services for potable water and other water systems as part of a managed water treatment program. The best possible industry practices are followed with the goal of mitigating microbial hazards such as Legionella and other waterborne pathogens.
Our teams understand that documentation and monitoring are essential to validate the efficacy of any program and vital to demonstrating compliance with many regulatory requirements and mandates.
A Garratt-Callahan Water Treatment Expert can provide:
- Secondary disinfection utilizing chlorine dioxide. Mycobacteria and other waterborne pathogens such as Legionella thrive in biofilms. Bacteria create biofilms as a natural process in their life cycle. Chlorine dioxide (ClO2), a soluble gas, can penetrate biofilms and kill bacteria (more effectively than chlorine).
- Point of Use (POU) / barrier filtration. Established literature has shown that 5nm (.005 micron) POU filtration is a very effective way to retain particulates in domestic water systems and compliment different water treatment programs.
- Custom Water Management Program. Secondary disinfection is part of a larger water safety program. Get expert assistance in developing & implementing a comprehensive and customized Water Management Program
- Legionella Sampling. G-C is a third-party certified Legionella Sampling Specialist. Our California ELAP certified laboratory provides accurate and timely test results.
- ASHRAE 188-2018 compliant Water Management Program Products. We adhere to the latest ASHRAE standards when developing your customized water management program.
Secondary Disinfection Products
In addition to our secondary disinfection consulting services, G-C manufactures products designed for non-porous surface cleaning.
- Broad Spectrum Microbiocide. G-C’s Formula 3110 is EPA-approved for a broad range of applications including sanitization and disinfection of hard non-porous surfaces. Formula 3110 is effective at low dosages, highly soluble in water, and is designed to be a safer, environmentally-friendly cleaning option.
- Non-Toxic Food Sanitizer. G-C’s Formula 3010 is EPA and FDA approved for application on fruits and vegetables. Containing 15% Peracetic Acid (PAA), it has low reactivity to organics and is a popular sodium hypochlorite alternative.
- Peracetic Acid Spray. G-C’s PERASPRAY is the only ready-to-use (RTU) EPA-registered peracetic acid spray on the market that cleans, deodorizes, sanitizes, and disinfects all types of porous and non-porous surface. This chlorine-free sanitizer eradicates 99.999% of bacteria within 60 seconds of contact and is safe for direct use on raw fruits, vegetables, herbs, and spices.
- Hand Sanitizer. G-C’s Bac Stop complies with the World Health Organization requirements for an effective hand sanitizer. The active ingredient, 65% Ethanol, does not dry out hands.